Friday 30 July 2010

Dad's Birthday

Hello there,
A few days ago it was Neils Dad's birthday and so here is the card I made for him, now it is very different from the usual sort of card I make so please be honest and tell me truthfully what you think??? I mean I liked it but it I think it is just so different.. I used a base of Soft Suede and teamed it with Brocade Blue,

Birthday was stamped with the Just Perfect Alpha and punched with the Jewelery Punch I threaded it with Linen Thread which was then wrapped around Silver Brads, base stamped with the lovely Medallion stamp,
across the bottom I stamped some Twill Tape with the little flourish from Tiny Tags in matching inks, I then sponged the tape with Soft Suede to "dirty" it up a bit, finishing it with staples,
I decorated it inside too :-)

and the arty angle where you can see I have left the tags loose so you get some movement with them,


Thanks for stopping by today, Hoping your school holidays are going well ;-)
Stampin' Hugs

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Sarah-Jane.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Sarah-Jane - I love that it's so different. You talented lady you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card Sarah-Jane. It sometimes does us good to step outside our comfort zone, it can challenge and surprise us! Thanks for using the medallion stamp. I have just bought this bought been a bit stuck as to what to do with it!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is an absolutely amazing card! Love how you've used the medium jewelery tag too. Such a usefull tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fab Sarah-Jane, so unique and all the elements look stunning together. I bet your dad loved it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...