Saturday 18 June 2011

Simply Stampin' You've got Male

Good Morning!
And Welcome to another Simply Stampin' Challenge! This weeks theme, as it is Father's Day tomorrow, is You've got Male! so we would like very much this week to see your paper crafts for the men in your life.
 I was asked to make a card for a friends Dad who likes army/soldiers, I have to admit I was a bit stumped to begin with as I don't really have any stamps which would be suitable... but then it hit me!!
I used some of the lovely crumb cake paper from the neutrals DSP stack for the background with layers of Basic Black and on a base of Always Artichoke card stock,
I made the army style shirt using a piece of retired Old Olive DSP and coloured the ribbon with the Always Artichoke marker pen to make a tie, finishing off the epaulettes with a tiny gold brad :-D
This width of twill tape is retired but we still carry a thinner one, I love how it looks when it is stamped, here using the Something to Celebrate stamp set (again!)
and I decorated the inside too,
I was really pleased with how this card turned out, especially as I really had no idea when I was first asked to make it, don't you love it when it comes together like this??
Well, we really hope you will be able to join in with this weeks challenge, pop over to the challenge blog for tons more inspiration from the rest of the very talented DT.
Thanks again for stopping by today, I love it when you visit me,
Stampin' Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Hello my lovely, what a brilliant card i love it, done in different colours would also suit RAF and Marines, Hope you are well, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...