Friday 14 March 2014

Happy Birthday to my Mum!

Hello there,
Today will be mostly getting ready for this weeks classes, I have still got some cutting to do but I have (mostly) finished designing the cards for this next class. See my FACEBOOK page today for a sneak peek at a couple of the cards...
So, today's card for the blog is the card I made for my Mum this week for her birthday. We got her a lovely DKNY gold (and silver) watch for her birthday gift and I wanted to continue the theme with a gold card and came up with this. I started with some of the very pretty Watercolour Wonder DSP and sewed a same sized piece of Gold Spotty Vellum onto it, 
 I then added some Banners which I die cut with the new framelits from the Spring/Summer catalogue '14 again using the Watercolour Wonder paper; edged with a bit of gold ink using a sponge and then sewing across the top edge to secure to the card
 This sentiment is from Chalk Talk and I stamped it using Versamark and heat embossed it with Gold Powder before die cutting out. Some sequins and gold and (free) coral bakers twine decorate underneath.
 Inside the card I just added a simple white layer of card which I ran through the Gold ink pad before adhering.
 Well, Mum seemed happy with her card and presents and I have seen her wearing the watch every day since then so I would say it was a success! I hope you liked the card too and I want to say thank you for visiting today :-))))
Stampin' Hugs from me,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...