Friday 18 April 2014

TicTac Easter Treats. Full FREE Tutorial!

Hi there,
I bet your wondering where the heck I've been the last couple of weeks? Well, I have had to concentrate on work at home, what with my craft room needing a serious amount of my time once I decided to shelve it and then organise and tidy (eek!) of course! (a full tour will be here soon), as well as this I have had a few bits of decorating at home to do (downstairs bathroom and some shelving in the kitchen to put up), plenty of magazine projects to make, classes to design and run and of course the children have been off the last couple of weeks too :-)
Anyway, I have at least 10 cards to share with you over the next few days but in a small apology for my absence from the old blogeroo this last couple of weeks I have a full picture tutorial to share with you today making these little Easter treat holders for your Tic Tac's. 
As ever if you have a go and then blog your creations please do link back here and if you don't have a blog I would still love to see your creations :-)
So, the holder, it uses minimal supplies of just card, ink (I used versamark which works great on any colour card except white and cream), trimmer/scorer, bone folder, scallop edge punch and the ever useful Word Window Punch.

How to make this little holder...
*remember you can click on the pictures to make them larger*
Trim a 7cm wide strip the length of your A4 card, shorten to 25.7cm long.
Top Tip: to make multiples score first then trim
 Score at 2cm, 4cm, 7.5cm, 9.5cm, 16.5cm and 18.5cm
 TIP: To make sure the stamping is the correct way up when folded ensure the  2cm score line is at the top and mask off the centre largest section (between 9.5cm and 16.5cm) and stamp your images the right way up.
Obviously if you are stamping with images that have no "right way up", flowers for example, then just stamp all over without worrying.
 mask the stamped areas and reveal the centre section, stamp again but this time turn your stamps so your images are upside down :-)
 re-enforce your score lines with a bone folder
flip the holder round so the 2cm score line is at the bottom and punch the top section (above the 18.5cm score line) with a scallop edge punch
 measure and mark a line between the 2cm and 4cm score lines at 3cm
 ensure the word window punch is central across the width of the card and then use the line to ensure the correct depth. Punch.
 move the punch up slightly and trim an extra sliver off the top of the window
 repeat at the bottom to make the window wider, erase any pencil lines now and neaten the sides.
 check your Tic Tac's fit in the slot, if not trim a bit more away using the punch 
 add tape or glue to the 2cm flap at the bottom
 line up the flap carefully and adhere making sure this bottom section is square (well, rectangular ;-))
TOP TIP:  using your grid paper makes this easier
 your tic tac's should now fit in like this :-)
 use a glue dot to secure the top down, again ensure it's nice and square, check from the side.
 then decorate, these die cut felt bunnies were from paperchase last year in the sale and some retired ribbon decorate mine :-)
 side view..
 and here are the ones I made for Easter for the children 
 This one was made with the Petit Petals stamp set, no masking was necessary for this version ;-)
 and finally together 
OK, lots of pictures but pretty straight forward I'm sure you will agree? Thanks for hanging  in there with me :-)
I hope you liked today's post and I'll be back tomorrow with a card for you.
Thanks for looking today, 
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...