Friday 9 May 2014

Vellum So Very Grateful

Hi there,
How's your day going? I have been quite productive so far today, typing up a tutorial for a set of cards I worked on and now my blog and once I have done this I will get to work on the 7 (different) cards I have to design today, 5 of these are the cards for class next week and I still have a couple of places at class on Monday and Tuesday next week if you fancy joining in please let me know.
Yesterday I had a lovely day out with my friend treasure hunting at antique shops, it was bliss and I picked up a few bits along the way of course ;-) But right now I have one of the cards we made at class last week, concentrating on the stamp set "So Very Grateful"
I have had this set a while now and have only just gotten round to making anything with it, I should have played sooner though as it's such a great set to use! I know I say that a lot but once I get started with a set I want to keep going ;-)
So, this is the first card we made in mostly a Crisp Cantaloupe and Sahara Sand colour combo.
We started with stamping the image with Versamark onto Vellum Card stock and Heat embossing it using white embossing powder. My TOP TIP: for using this set would be to heat emboss the image, granted that would mostly be because my colouring in isn't always that neat, this way there are definite edges to keep the ink inside :-)
**and remember the Heat Tool is on offer until Tuesday 20th May too! {in the Weekly Deals}**
We coloured the image in using blender pens and ink pads and then secured the Vellum to the piece of slightly larger Cantaloupe card using mini brads
 The flower stamp was used again with Versamark to stamp all over the Sahara Sand layer, I love using Versamark for a tone on tone look, it's more subtle than using the matching ink which can be great for layers like this...
 ...and a double layer of ruffled ribbon across the bottom edge finished this little darling off.
So, that's me off to get inky,
Have a fab day and remember come back tomorrow for the second card using So Very Grateful :-)
Just before you go please don't forget the new 
and
 and 
Stampin' Hugs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...