Tuesday 7 October 2014

Dotty Angles with Age Awareness by Stampin' Up! to make a card for the men

Good morning,
I'm off out in a bit to run a couple of errands before coming back and hitting the craft desk again, it's so tough sometimes ;-)
Before I pop out I have a great card to share with you today for a guy! I love this card and I had a play with my new Tag Punch to make this one along with the Dotty Angles and Age Awareness stamp sets, these two sets are both photopolymer, let me explain why that's so handy for this card....



 First of all the Dotty Angles stamp is not long enough to go right down the side of your card but this is not a problem as they are photopolymer you can see through and stamp right along to get a continuous image. 
TOP TIP 1:  Place your piercing mat under your card and then stamp. This is useful with some of the photopolymer stamps especially Dotty Angles, so you get a good, solid image.



To make this tag I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch, I must admit I wasn't going to purchase this but after seeing it used a lot on the WWW I succumbed and I have to say I LOVE it! It's so quick and easy and the hole's always just in the right place {great for ocd types like moi}, I have already made lots of tags with it from my off-cuts of card and DSPaper, I'll share those with you soon too.

So, to get this look on the tag I started by stamping the lines across the bottom in Lost Lagoon.
 TOP TIP 2: Use you embossing buddy before stamping with versamark to heat emboss, it helps stop stray pieces of powder sticking where you don't want it.
Then added the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed using white embossing powder and then finally added the balloon just in Versamark for this watermark look. Again, all made a lot easier with photopolymer stamps ;-)
OK, I'm off out now but I hope you liked today's card and I'll be back soon with another.
Thanks for looking today :-)
Stampin' Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did for this card. Perfect for those we have to mail as it doesn't add bulk. Could be masculine of feminine. I always need one when I have the other in stock. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...