Saturday 29 August 2015

Using Stampin' Up's Guy Greetings for a Man's Birthday

Well, it's a bank holiday weekend for us UK folks, whoop!! But unfortunately although it's been OK today it's now raining again down here in the south! Gee, I've seen enough rain this summer that I'm starting to think I'm a duck! So, there's not much for it but to craft, every cloud and all that... Lol!
Today's card is a card design/style I have seen a lot around on the internet over the years but not something I have tried before, up 'till now. I'm not sure what you call it? Masked sponging? Masked inking? anyway, have a look and if you know the technique (or can make up a good name) I'd love to hear ;-)
So, I started with a thick white card blank adding some crumb cake and then soft suede ink by sponging through the middle of the torn paper then adding some randomly stamped images from Guy Greetings to end up with this card...
 I used the Hello You thinlits with Gold Foil Sheets with the matching stamp set Crazy About You. These dies and sentiments can be purchased separately but if purchased together you save 15% as it's a Bundle and Save combo :-)
 Gold Bakers Twine
This is a mostly flat design and although there's inking a-plenty I think it still makes quite a CAS card.
 I even added a little stamped image inside
 and one more picture to finish today :-) 
Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's card? It's a bit different from my usual makes but you know what they say about a change...
Thanks for stopping by today, I'm off to work now :-( but I hope to get some crafting time in tomorrow, I'll be sure to share on Instagram and Facebook if I do so don't forget to follow me over on your prefered social media. Links are below :-)
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...