Tuesday 1 September 2015

TMT,Tuesday Tutorial: Mirror or Shadow Stamping using Snow Place and Barnyard Babies by SU!

Hello!
And welcome to my second post of the day! If you missed the first one please do HOP OVER HERE and take a peek at the fab new Autumn/Winter Seasonal catalogue that launched today, I promise you'll love it ;-)
So, todays card and Tuesday Tutorial shares with you how to do shadow stamping which is also called mirror stamping (possibly just by me ;-)). I recently made a card using the new Snow Place stamp set when my friend Jules came for a visit. I didn't order this set (yet) and was pleased to have a play with it before I ordered (us demos like to play just like our customers! Thanks Jules!) but I wanted to make the little snowmen face each other on the bottom of this card.
A closer look at the stamped images - which also come with matching dies if you want to cut them out! Cool! {{See page 33 of the A/W catty}}
 I love the new enamel dots in this Autumn/Winter catty too!
And one more top view of this card
 So, as I said, I don't have this happy snowman stamp set so I decided to make a different card using this technique to share with you today and for the video too!
Here's what I came up with, it's very CAS (clean and simple) and uses Barnyard Babies, another favourite stamp set of mine...
I also added a couple of punched hearts, the cute mini heart covered in Dazzling Diamonds at the side of the sentiment is from the Confetti Hearts Border Punch :-)

But, like I mention in this video, this technique works with any of your stamp sets as long as you have another (photopolymer) stamp that is larger than your image. 
It works well with all your SU! or dye based ink pads. I don't recommend using Staz on (which is a solvent-based ink pad) as I find it dries too quickly and will stain your photopolymer stamps too. OK, enough chatter, how about we take a look at today's video?
Well, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I'll leave you with another of the little Snow Place collages to Pin for ease of finding this tutorial later (you can also Pin any of the other pictures too)
Thanks as ever for stopping by today and I hope to see you again tomorrow!
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...